HELPING NORTH CAROLINA’S
The North Carolina Pro Bono Resource Center and the North Carolina Bar Foundation are launching the COVID-19 Frontline Health Planning Project to assist healthcare workers and other essential workers on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pro bono attorneys will provide clients and their families with crucial legal protections by interviewing clients and preparing health care power of attorney and living wills remotely.
– Health Care Power of Attorney: a document which allows you to designate a Health Care Agent.
– Living Will: a document that provides your instructions to your doctors to either withhold or withdraw life-prolonging measures in certain end-of-life circumstances.
If you are an essential worker interested in participating in this project, click here.
We are seeking North Carolina attorney volunteers to participate in a “24/7 Virtual Clinic” to support essential workers who are risking their health to keep us safe!
– Reach out to their client within 48 hours of receiving the client referral.
– Conduct an interview and draft an advance directive within 7 days of receiving the client referral. Volunteers will use the provided Advance Directives Document Production App as well as the volunteer’s preferred communication technology to complete the interview and draft documents remotely for the client.
Volunteers will receive:
– Training and step-by-step instructions
– Access to the Advance Directives Document Production App which guides the volunteer through the intake and automates the advance directive documents
– Malpractice Insurance
To volunteer, sign up here.