The Legal Representation Project of Safe Alliance provides free legal representation to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence in DVPO cases in Mecklenburg County.
Once training is completed, representing a client takes approximately 5-10 hours and cases are typically heard within 7-10 days of assignment.
- Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Retired Attorney
- Domestic and Sexual Violence Survivors
- Client Advice and Counseling
- Client Intake and Interviewing
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Pre-Trial Advocacy (Motions
- Trial Advocacy
Training Provided for Project VolunteersYes
Volunteers Who Speak an Additional Language Requested for this ProjectNo
Malpractice Insurance Provided for this ProjectYes
Mentorship Provided for this ProjectYes