The North Carolina Pro Bono Resource Center’s (PBRC) COVID-19 Small Business/Nonprofit Initiative (the Initiative) will offer pro bono legal consultations to small businesses and nonprofits with fewer than 25 employees. These consultations will help small businesses and nonprofits with COVID-19 legal issues, such as the CARES Act relief. Qualifying small businesses and nonprofits will be offered free 45-minute consultations with pro bono attorneys who will answer broader legal questions on circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. The mission of the Initiative is to help organizations in North Carolina determine the best path forward in these particularly challenging times.
For NC-Based Small Businesses and Nonprofits
The Initiative is an opportunity for North Carolina’s organizations who have suffered adversely from the impact of the COVID-19 crisis to receive free, limited-scope legal advice. Topics include:
– Federal funding opportunities under the CARES Act (Payroll Protection Program (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) programs
– Commercial Lease issues (NC eviction moratoriums, lease amendments, landlord issues)
– Employment Law issues (Paid Family and Medical Leave, Unemployment, Furloughs, etc.)
– Insurance issues
– Bankruptcy and Dissolution
– Contract enforcement issues
How To Register
– Please fill out our screening form to request an appointment.
– Once you submit your screening form, an attorney will follow-up by phone or email within 3 business days to confirm logistics for the remote consultation.
Si está buscando recursos para pequeñas empresas perjudicadas por la pandemia de COVID-19 en español, llame al número 919.890.1094 y deje un mensaje, o envié un mensaje por correo electrónico a email@example.com. Incluya en su mensaje su nombre e información de contacto, y un breve resumen de su asunto o pregunta legal. Un representante de PBRC le contactará para iniciar el proceso de admisión.